Welcome to the Pemigewasset Valley Fish & Game Club, Inc., New Hampshire’s premier shooting and outdoor club. We are a members-only organization conveniently located in the beautiful town of Holderness, midway between New Hampshire’s Lakes and White Mountain Regions. The Club grounds encompass over 330 acres of rolling hills and meadows, hardwood forests, mountain ridges, and hemlock-shaded wetlands. Most of our property, including marked hiking trails and groomed ski touring trails, is open to members for general recreation. Our forested land area is managed under a professionally developed long-term forestry plan to sustain and improve the Club’s wildlife habitat.
The Club has a 40’ by 80’ two-story Clubhouse featuring an upstairs main meeting space with large stone fireplace, knotty pine paneling, and an impressive collection of wildlife mounts. The Clubhouse downstairs includes a kitchen facility and provides a comfortable location for smaller meetings. Indoor archery events can be accommodated in the downstairs.
Our pistol and rifle ranges include a 300-yd rifle range, a 100-yd rifle range with covered firing points, and a 50-yd covered rifle/pistol range. An open, uncovered 7/25 yard dedicated pistol range is also available. In addition to outdoor ranges, the Club features a 7-position 50-ft indoor pistol/rimfire rifle range with state-of-the-art ventilation, lighting, and heating systems.
Shotgun shooters will find a separate Trap range that also has a raised platform for 5-Stand shoots. The shotgun range doubles as our Olympic biathlon range.
The Club has a field archery range with targets set at various distances out to 50 yards. Additionally, a 3-D wildlife target archery course is available during the Spring through Fall months.
The Club also has a number of action-shooting bays that are used for events such as Cowboy Action Shooting and 3-Gun.
Once you are a member, you will be able to access the full schedule of Programs and Events offered by the Pemi.
The Club sponsors numerous programs throughout the year. All events are open to members; for some special events, non-members are welcome.
- Archery competitions are conducted each year, some in conjunction with the Granite State Bowhunters organization.
- Biathlon events are held throughout the year. Biathlon combines shooting and an athletic discipline – traditionally, skiing and/or snowshoeing in the winter, or biking and/or running in the summer.
- The Club’s Bullseye Pistol Team competes in the New Hampshire Pistol League during the winter months. Through the summer, fun shoots are open to the general membership at the outdoor pistol range.
- Trap and 5-Stand shoots are held year-round.
- Rifle-shooting programs, including high-power, smallbore rifle, metallic silhouette, and gong shoots, take place through the warmer months.
- For action-oriented shooters, the Club is home to the Pemi Valley Peacemakers. These Cowboy Action Shooters protect Pemi Gulch from assorted ne'er-do-wells, rustlers, claim jumpers, and the likes. For action shooters more interested in modern firearms, the Club also has an enthusiastic and growing group of 3-Gun Competition shooters.
Finally, the Club holds firearms training classes for members, taught by our own NRA-certified instructors. Currently, courses are offered in Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun, as well as Metallic Reloading and Shotgun Shell Reloading, along with home firearm safety courses. There are also specialized courses for new female shooters (Women on Target) and [soon to be offered] for male shooters (Men on Target). These courses are taught in small groups, ensuring that each student receives personal instruction from our dedicated and experienced teaching staff. A small fee, much less than that charged by outside training organizations, is collected for these courses to cover expenses.
If all of that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, the Pemi is currently accepting new members. Becoming a member is easy and inexpensive.
Our clubhouse phone number is 603-536-3474. The clubhouse phone is unattended except for meetings and events. Please leave a message.
Our mailing address is P.O. Box 38, Plymouth, New Hampshire 03264
New Hampshire’s premier fish and game club